What's the best way to mount an iPhone?

sloth
Hi,

I bought my 9-5 (my04) in January and haven’t found the perfect mount for my iPhone 6(s) yet.  Right now I put it in the bumper which I put in the cupholder, not ideal as I also want to use it for navigation and it's a bit too low and barely readable due to the holder. Does anyone have a suggestion for a better solution?

Cheers,

Harold
9-5 Estate MY2004/Aero/Glacier Blue/AS2

Re: What's the best way to mount an iPhone?

Karlis
Administrator
I'm using this holder.

Fits nicely in the front dashboards vent holes.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: What's the best way to mount an iPhone?

Seth
I personally like the ProClipUSA mounts, but they're not cheap. Excellent quality stuff, though. I think Brodit is the european equivalent.

You can also 3d print a mount for pretty cheap.

And of course Amazon is full of mounts you can buy.

I tried the clip Karlis has, but it wouldn't fit my 9-3 vents. It fits my wife's Pilot vents perfect though; it's a great mount if you can use it.
NC, USA

Re: What's the best way to mount an iPhone?

sloth
Thanks, in my 900 I tried a Brodit Dashboard Mounts (I think they are exactly the same as the ProClipUSA ones) and that broke my facia sort of.

I do like the fact that they have an option where there is a cable attached to the bottom of the holder (especially since I was thinking of making a separate powercable for my phone), but iI'm afraid to break the facia on my 9-5 :/

Maybe I just have to try the one from Kenu first. :/
9-5 Estate MY2004/Aero/Glacier Blue/AS2

Re: What's the best way to mount an iPhone?

Trionic Seven