Using magnets for attaching the enclosure

Using magnets for attaching the enclosure

saab95
Greetings

I was thinking of using some magnets (small but strong) to attach the BlueSaab enclosure to the car interior.

I'm worried that the magnets will interfere or damage the BlueSaab components or cause signal interference. What do you guys think, is this a bad idea?

Re: Using magnets for attaching the enclosure

Seth
Administrator
I don't think that would be a problem at all. I think it's a good idea :)

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 11:23 saab95 [via BlueSaab Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Greetings

I was thinking of using some magnets (small but strong) to attach the BlueSaab enclosure to the car interior.

I'm worried that the magnets will interfere or damage the BlueSaab components or cause signal interference. What do you guys think, is this a bad idea?

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/Using-magnets-for-attaching-the-enclosure-tp1057.html
To start a new topic under Hardware, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Hardware, click here.
NAML
NC, USA

Re: Using magnets for attaching the enclosure

saab95
Right, I'll glue some on and give it a go

Re: Using magnets for attaching the enclosure

saab95
I hotglued four magnets on to the housing and to avoid metal-on-metal scratching I taped some duct tape over the magnets.

Hotglued magnets

I've access to the box underneath the left hand side storage bin in the trunk.
Underneath left hand side storage bin  Out of sight, out of mind

I've used it for several days and so far it seems to stay in place and the BlueSaab works as normal :-)