BlueSaab v5.1 released!

Seth
Administrator

The only thing v5.1 adds is a 555 timer and a normally closed switch. When the timer receives a signal from the 328, the timer triggers the normally closed switch and it holds it open for approx 4.8 seconds and then closes again. This causes the entire module to reboot.
- as of today, the code to enable this function doesn't exist, but the hardware is there basically as a failsafe/fallback in the event the module needs a hard reboot; it should prevent the user from ever having to go into the trunk and unplug and replug the module.

BlueSaab v5.1 DropBox

Order from SH Park here

BlueSaab v5.1 Mouser BOM

OSH Park Amp PCB v1.1

Amp PCB v1.1 Mouser BOM
NC, USA

Re: BlueSaab v5.1 released!

Trionic Seven
Just FYI, whenever I have a problem with the module I just pull the fuse to the stereo. No need to go to the trunk :)

Re: BlueSaab v5.1 released!

Evil.Genius
Ok... has anyone tried to order the parts from mouser lately? Some of the components are backordered and not expected to be in stock until the end of this year..

Re: BlueSaab v5.1 released!

homerisback
It happens sometimes, I struggled to find the voltage regulator once, here in France.
What parts are unavailable ? Maybe replacement ones (other brand or series) might be available... ;)
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: BlueSaab v5.1 released!

Evil.Genius
I'm kind a drunk right now so..
I've developed some circuit-boards myself a couple years ago but this is gonna be the first time soldering so small components.. Kinda looking forward to it. This is going to be a present to my girlfriend.. or to her kids that hates me.. even thou only one of them met me twice.

Sep 26
771-NX3L1G384GW125
U7
NX3L1G384GW,125
1SW SPST 4.3V 60MHz

Jun 27
81-GRM21BC80G226ME9L
C24
GRM21BC80G226ME39L
22UF4V 20% 0805

May 17
604-APL3015SURCKF01
POWER,BT1,CAN1,2,TX
APL3015SURCK-F01
Red Water Clear

Oct 31
863-NUP2105LT1G
D6
NUP2105LT1G
27V CAN BUS

Nov 7
81-GCM21BR71C475KA3L
C14
GCM21BR71C475KA73L
0805 4.7uF 16volts

Re: BlueSaab v5.1 released!

Karlis
Administrator
I placed an order for parts a few days back. The only parts that were back ordered were the LEDs. I guess some substitutions need to be made.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: BlueSaab v5.1 released!

Seth
Administrator
Yeah, I just looked and several items are on backorder.

It's not a big deal; either wait for them to be back in stock, or just make an educated guess for a suitable replacement. Esp for caps/resistors; just find a replacement with the same voltage rating (or higher), the same component value, same footprint, and same wattage (or higher), and you should be fine.

The LEDs; you can replace with anything that fits; they're only for indication.

The CANBUS protection IC isn't 100% required; things will work without it; it's just a safety device.

The analog switch can be omitted, but you'll have to jump the 3.3v rail from vreg to the rest of the device, and then you just won't have the ability to cut power to the module (via software, via the switch but I don't think it even had code yet anyway).

Just use common sense...
NC, USA