Show your saab/modules

Re: Show your saab/modules

homerisback
I made this logo tonight to engrave it on BlueSAAB boxes
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: Show your saab/modules

Seth
Administrator
That's dope!

I never bothered with a BlueSaab logo, partly because there's not enough room to put one on the pcb but the case logo would be legit :)
NC, USA

Re: Show your saab/modules

homerisback
Here's the job
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: Show your saab/modules

Karlis
Administrator
This looks just awesome! Nice work!

Now I know who the supplier of enclosures for the upcoming BlueSaab modules will be.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: Show your saab/modules

DnstrDan
Homerisback - would you be interested in selling me a duly-engraved enclosure?  Or failing that, what machine you used to do the job and how you set it up?  (I tried to PM you but the message was bounced.)  Thanks!
'99 9⁵ SE     \
                  AS3 Prestige
'04 9⁵ Aero  /

Re: Show your saab/modules

Gideon
Or sell a complete module for my 9-5
Saab 9-5 Aero my. 2000 - Saab 900 classic T16S Aero (factory new)

Re: Show your saab/modules

homerisback
@DnstrDan : Why not  I do this with a Roland EGX-20 engraver. I gave it a BMP of the drawing and that's all folks !

Sorry for the late reply...
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: Show your saab/modules

DnstrDan
That would be great, Homerisback.  That Roland EGX-20 engraver runs about $3K.  I have a call in to the local DIY haven to see if they can provide that resource.  Should I mail you the plastic lid for you to engrave and return to me?  Please PM me if you are interested and able.
'99 9⁵ SE     \
                  AS3 Prestige
'04 9⁵ Aero  /

Re: Show your saab/modules

B@nd1t
Hello!
I'm new on this forum.
I want to build BlueSaab 5.3 Bluetooth adapter.
I have an idea about the case.
Maybe it can be made on a 3D printer?

Re: Show your saab/modules

Seth
Administrator
I’m sure you could 3D print a case, but the one the pcb is made for is only $6....

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 22:47 B@nd1t [via BlueSaab Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello!
I'm new on this forum.
I want to build BlueSaab 5.3 Bluetooth adapter.
I have an idea about the case.
Maybe it can be made on a 3D printer?

To start a new topic under Hardware, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Hardware, click here.
NAML
NC, USA

More On Plastic Lid Engraving

DnstrDan
I can get access locally to a 60 watt Epilog Laser Engraver/Cutter or a 40 watt Zing Laser Engraver/Cutter.  What depth did you specify for your engraving?
'99 9⁵ SE     \
                  AS3 Prestige
'04 9⁵ Aero  /

Re: More On Plastic Lid Engraving

homerisback
This post was updated on .
On the picture above, it was 0.2 milimeters but now I engrave them at 0.5 milimeters. Far better !
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.
12