Part substitution question

Yxsa
Hi,

Due to lack of available parts, would it be possible to replace (part numbers in bold, differences in italics):

Ceramic Resonator 8MHz ??0.5% (Tol) ??0.2% (Stability) 33pF 40Ohm 3-Pin CSMD T/R
with
ECS-CTE-8.00-33-TR Resonatoren 8MHz Ceramic Resonator Built in Capacitor 33pF 30 Ohms -40 C 85 C Surface Mount 3.2 x 1.3 x 1.0 mm

and

SN65HVD234DR
with
SN65HVD234DRG4, TI mentiones one is the 'same as' the other one. I was looking at this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5PCS-SN65HVD234DR-IC-CAN-TRANSCEIVER-3-3V-8-SOIC-HVD234-65HVD234/292430007607 . Would those be appropriate?

Re: Part substitution question

Seth
Administrator
Those sound like good replacements, thanks. Please let us know if they work or don’t.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 09:02 Yxsa [via BlueSaab Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

Due to lack of available parts, would it be possible to replace (part numbers in bold, differences in italics):

Ceramic Resonator 8MHz ??0.5% (Tol) ??0.2% (Stability) 33pF 40Ohm 3-Pin CSMD T/R
with
ECS-CTE-8.00-33-TR Resonatoren 8MHz Ceramic Resonator Built in Capacitor 33pF 30 Ohms -40 C 85 C Surface Mount 3.2 x 1.3 x 1.0 mm

and

SN65HVD234DR
with
SN65HVD234DRG4, TI mentiones one is the 'same as' the other one. I was looking at this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/5PCS-SN65HVD234DR-IC-CAN-TRANSCEIVER-3-3V-8-SOIC-HVD234-65HVD234/292430007607 . Would those be appropriate?

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/Part-substitution-question-tp1762.html
To start a new topic under Hardware, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Hardware, click here.
NAML
NC, USA

Re: Part substitution question

Yxsa
Amazing speed, Seth

Thanks, I'll give those a try.

Re: Part substitution question

Yxsa
By the way, do you see any differences between
https://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microchip-Technology/RN52-I-RM
and
https://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Microchip-Technology/RN52-I-RM116 ?

I compared the data sheets but they seem close to identical. Not completely sure though. The second one is €2 cheaper.

Re: Part substitution question

Seth
Administrator
I think the 116 is “newer” because it’s listing the firmware version in the pn “, which is preloaded. Having said that, if you buy the “old” one, you can upgrade the firmware to 1.16, which I think BlueSaab needs or else some functions may not work.

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/Part-substitution-question-tp1762p1766.html
To start a new topic under Hardware, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Hardware, click here.
NAML
NC, USA

Re: Part substitution question

speedofloic
Hi Yxsa,

Have you recently ordered all the parts somewhere in Europe? I can't seem to find any websites where the full BOM is in stock. Probably due to the chip shortage.

Re: Part substitution question

homerisback
This post was updated on .
Hi,
I recently had to dig into equivalents to have a full BOM available @ Mouser. I'm inside EU as well.
Unfortunately, parts like RN52 haven't a suitable equivalent...
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: Part substitution question

speedofloic
What substitute part did you use for the MCU 32-bit STM32F1 ARM?

Actually, I don't built v6 BlueSaab, but v5.x with Atmega328 chip.

speedofloic
I managed to buy a RN52-I/RM116-ND from Digi-Key

Re: Part substitution question

speedofloic

How's this substitution? Many differences I guess the main one being the frequency

Re: Part substitution question

4pplet
This post was updated on .
The ATSAM3S is not a good substitution, I assume it would require rework of code and PCB.

The GD32F103 is a drop in replacement for the STM32F103, it can be had at lcsc.com. The genuine stm32f103rb and stm32f103re (higher in memory) is actually avaliable through lcsc, but they are very expensive these days. :)

The SN65HVD234DR is also available on lcsc btw, if someone still have issues finding it.

Re: Part substitution question

speedofloic
So the speed difference between the GD32 and the STM32 doesn't make a difference?

Re: Part substitution question

4pplet
I believe it should be fine, I can hopefully test it in a couple of weeks. Code changes might be needed, but it should be minor. It's safer to stick with the genuine part until tested.

Re: Part substitution question

not_me_really
Just a quick word to say that the GD32F103RBT6 is a drop in replacement for the STM32F103RBT7, and so far, has required no code changes!

Frank.

Re: Part substitution question

byczy
Hi,
I would like to ask about the substitution of the BT module. Anyone to know if it is possible to change the BT module for the newest version of BT?

Second thing is that THS4522IPWR is mostly out of stock :(

Many thanks,
byczy

Re: Part substitution question

Seth
Administrator
You can check OctoPart.com for part availability:
https://octopart.com/search?q=THS4552IPWR¤cy=USD&specs=0

Not sure what you mean by "newest version of BT"; the latest RN52-I/RM116 is available at digikey.
NC, USA

Re: Part substitution question

byczy
Seth, many thanks for the links. With BT. I was thinking about a module that supports the newest version of BT standard.

Re: Part substitution question

byczy
Any idea for the substitution of 1SC3528VGB01MH08 SMD LED?