Module inside radio

n3x

Module inside radio

n3x
Hi, a few months back I modified my 9-5 stereo to have aux and telephone switch.
While doing that I removed the cassette deck. That freed quite some volume inside the radio.
Would it be easy to wire the bluesaab in the cassette decks place?
the radio should be connected to the can line, so I should be able to tap into it too.

And would doing that preserve the function of the cd changer?

Re: Module inside radio

Karlis
Administrator
BlueSaab module "pretends" to be an actual CD changer. Unfortunately it is not possible to have both hooked up to the car at the same time. Or maybe it is, but then the BlueSaab has to assume the role of another node on the bus and then it's a total unknown how to "introduce" it to the other members, specifically IHU and SID.

The goal of BlueSaab project is to make an easy to use/install bluetooth module without the need of splicing/soldering wires or the need to disassembly the dashboard. :) Though one would need to take off the trunk upholstery on the left hand side to gain access to the CDC wiring harness to hook up the BlueSaab module. But that's peanuts in comparison of taking apart/putting back together the dashboard. :)
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)