Latest version of BlueSaab v5.5 - Links

homerisback
This post was updated on .
Hello and welcome to newcomers !
To facilitate search to people looking for building their own BlueSaab module, here are the latest version in use. @ OSHPark.com you should find everything that's needed to build and enjoy your module ; PCB, link to BOM and CDC connector reference
Order from OSH Park
v5.5 Eagle sch file
v5.5 Eagle brd file
v5.5 Excel BOM Mouser
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: Latest version of BlueSaab v5.5 - Links

Mentalkisiel
Hi

I builded your version of bluesaab v5.5, software 4.1 and it works fine with 9-3 og but I have a problem to run it on 9-5 06 with denso navi. Did you test it with denso navi ? I noticed that when I disconnect original cd changer and plug directly bluesaab it works for a few seconds. Any idea what could went wrong ?

Re: Latest version of BlueSaab v5.5 - Links

homerisback
Hi,
Happy to read that it works, at least in a 9-3 ;)
I never tested it with Denso navi myself, I don't have one to give it a test. I'm running my BlueSaab in a 9-3...
Anyway I'm not sure that Denso is to blame. I would think about SPA (Saab Park Assist) if equipped or maybe a new tachometer with built-in SID...
But once again I'm far from an expert in 9-5s and as your module works in a 9-3, I won't be any help, I'm afraid :/
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: Latest version of BlueSaab v5.5 - Links

Mentalkisiel
Hi,

thanks for the replay, I heard that there is a problem with parking assistance only when you use software with track text info feature. Please correct me if I'm wrong, do you think if switching parking assistance off may help ?

BR Pawel

wt., 10.04.2018, 21:59 użytkownik homerisback [via BlueSaab Forum] <[hidden email]> napisał:
Hi,
Happy to read that it works, at least in a 9-3 ;)
I never tested it with Denso navi myself, I don't have one to give it a test. I'm running my BlueSaab in a 9-3...
Anyway I'm not sure that Denso is to blame. I would think about SPA (Saab Park Assist) if equipped or maybe a new tachometer with built-in SID...
But once again I'm far from an expert in 9-5s and as your module works in a 9-3, I won't be any help, I'm afraid :/
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/Latest-version-of-BlueSaab-v5-5-Links-tp1264p1286.html
To unsubscribe from Latest version of BlueSaab v5.5 - Links, click here.
NAML

Re: Latest version of BlueSaab v5.5 - Links

Karlis
Administrator
Yes, SPA issues could occur only if the car already has SPA installed and beta version of BlueSaab software is installed on module. To take it a bit further - on face-lifted 9-5s (MY2006+), SPA text is shown in the speedometer cluster and there's a totally different sequence of message exchange happening in order to prevent SPA from interfering with ECU messages and making odometer or DTE info to flicker. Hence I strongly and I repeat again - strongly advise against using anything but pre v5.1 versions of software on any car.

In this particular case it looks like the car is not happy about the module as it is dropping it out. Is the "original" CD changer working fine? If not, there's your problem.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: Latest version of BlueSaab v5.5 - Links

Mentalkisiel
Hello Karlis,

I'm aware of the spa issue but I'm using software 4.1, so spa should not be the case. CD changer is working fine, bluesaab modul is also working fine on 9-3og. I will have possibility to test it on another face lifted 9-5, we'll see.

BR Pawel

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/Latest-version-of-BlueSaab-v5-5-Links-tp1264p1288.html
To unsubscribe from Latest version of BlueSaab v5.5 - Links, click here.
NAML

Ok, let's take it a step further. Where did you download your software from? Did you assemble the module yourself? I don't know much about v5.5 of the hardware... Looks like the module is not replying to 9-5s requests for presence, so the car drops the module out. Any chance you can try this module on another (preferably non-face lifted) 9-5?
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: Latest version of BlueSaab v5.5 - Links

Mentalkisiel
I downloaded it from here http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/BlueSaab-software-release-4-1-td995.html

Yes I assembled the modul myself and I can test it on pre lifted 9-5 without navi.

wt., 10.04.2018, 23:22 użytkownik Karlis [via BlueSaab Forum] <[hidden email]> napisał:
Ok, let's take it a step further. Where did you download your software from? Did you assemble the module yourself? Looks like the module is not replying to 9-5s requests for presence, so the car drops the module out. Any chance you can try this module on another (preferably non-face lifted) 9-5?
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/Latest-version-of-BlueSaab-v5-5-Links-tp1264p1290.html