How to get one? :)

Lindgren
This post was updated on .
Hi
Im interested in getting one of this Saab-CDC.
Of course i will pay for it :P

Is there a way to "order" one?

//Andreas

Re: How to get one? :)

Nickhe

Re: How to get one? :)

Lindgren
Ok thanks.

How about the software part?

And how do i know where to solder each part :)

sorry for being noob

Re: How to get one? :)

Nickhe
Connect the arduino chip to a arduino board and program it or use a USB flash connected to the bluesaab. I Use arduino board from KjelloCo and just swap chips

Re: How to get one? :)

homerisback
Hi,
Using the mouser BOM and the boards from OSHPark is very easy to do, as every part in mouser shipping package is identified and refers to a unique place on PCB. Nevertheless, you need some advanced soldering skills as most parts are SMD and RN52 isn't the easiest part to solder.

Once the module mounting is done, you need to upload Karlis codes (RN52 programming) to adjust RN52's settings, then replaces the code with the SAAB-CDC and play music in your car !
To upload codes you need (at least) a FTDI-USB cable and the Arduino-IDE software.
Karlis codes are available in the software part of this great forum.

Or you find s-o able and keen in building one for you
Good luck
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: How to get one? :)

Lindgren
Anyone interested in building one? Now i already ordered the parts buy feel att bit insecure on the soldering part :)

Re: How to get one? :)

Karlis
Administrator
I'm short on a number of parts at the moment, but I could build you one when I get the full set.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: How to get one? :)

Nickhe
Karlis does amazing work :) I got One from him and build 3 myself. It wasn't hard to  do accually , it just takes time and get a good soldering iron :)

Re: How to get one? :)

Liefhebber
Hi Guys,

I would like to get the BlueSaab CDC.
I am located in Malmö, Sweden. Alternativly I have a Dutch shipping address at hand as well.
Anyone out there that can help me build one? I don't have any aspiration on becoming a pro-solder, neither do I have the time with 3 kids under the age of 5 :-)

My Saab 9-5 has the 4711255 CD charger (not functioning, loading tray doesn't open) The cable to the charger is labelled 4949459 / AO 69992

I am happy to pay for parts, shipping and labor.

Re: How to get one? :)

Nickhe
Honestly it's easy to build , especially the latest one :) So just order the part and do it yourself( no need too be a pro solder) or ask any friend of your with a soldering iron.

Re: How to get one? :)

homerisback
@Liefhebber : I don't know if my "private" message reached you so I confirm I have 2 Bluesaab available for shipping. PM me if you wish...
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: How to get one? :)

Liefhebber

Hi 'homerisback',

I haven't checked back on the forum, was busy importing my 9-5 into Sweden - yes you read that correct 😊

I am still interested. I am located in Malmö, Sweden.

Which module (software pack) do you have and what is the asking price?

Ferdinand

Re: How to get one? :)

homerisback
Hi Ferdinand,

Importing a Saab into Sweden ??? It's a joke !

Seriously speaking, my module is hardware v3.2 with software 3.0 may 2016 revision.
I can upload any other version before shipping if someone says that a June or July revision might work better in a 9-5 (I'm using it in a 9-3).
I'm asking 110€ (shipping to Sweden included).

Let me know ;)
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: How to get one? :)

Liefhebber

Yes, no joke - long story.

Okay to wrap up. I would like to have a unit that I can plug in in the booth of my car and find on my iPhone.

It is not only the soldering I was having some 2nd doubts of, but as well the (very basic) programming.

If it is plug and play, I'll pay you 100€ and I can pay via PayPal / Banktransfer / Swish

Thanks!

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/How-to-get-one-tp391p549.html
bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com
How to get one? :). Hi Im interested in getting one of this Saab-CDC. Of course i will pay for it :P Is there a way to "order" one? //Andreas
To unsubscribe from How to get one? :), click here.
NAML

Re: How to get one? :)

homerisback
Hi,
I ran some tests with my old iphone 4 (the longest was to upload music in it !) and it works like a charm with the module in my car.
The only setting to do is to register the bluetooth module in the iphone when hooked to the car...
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: How to get one? :)

Seth
Administrator
Works as expected :D
NC, USA

Re: How to get one? :)

homerisback
Hi Ferdinand,

Back with fresh news : it uploaded the latest code from Karlis (v3.6 July 2016) and it works very well.

If you are still interested to get one BlueSAAB, let me know. You can PM me to deal with private data like paypal and adress
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.