How to conect it to the car

Edma
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to conect it to the car

Karlis
Administrator
On 9-5s you have to press CDC button on head unit twice. I believe on 9-3s you press SRC button. Then again, I'm not a 9-3 guy.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: How to conect it to the car

Edma
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to conect it to the car

Karlis
Administrator
When you connect BlueSaab module to the car, there's nothing else you have to do and it should just plug-and-play. In your case, it looks like the car is not recognizing the module. I'd start with the basics:

*) is the module getting power?
*) what LEDs turn on when you connect it to the car?
*) do you see a green LED flashing roughly every second or so?

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

So first things first. I believe you have properly flashed your module. It should blink blue/red LEDs rapidly when powered on. It should also blink green LED once ~every second. If that doesn't take place, I would start with re-flashing the module and then checking all hardware connections.

More to the point - if green LED is not blinking every second, that means the car is not seeing BlueSaab module. In this case I'd check the solder joints between the main STM32 chip and can transceiver (SNxxx).

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to conect it to the car

Seth
Administrator
You’ll have to repair any and all shorts or it won’t work

On Mon, Mar 22, 2021 at 05:50 Edma [via BlueSaab Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
i think that the 22nd and 23rd pins are shorted and the 23rd pin is the rn52 cmd pin
2003 2.3t 9-5 aero

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/How-to-conect-it-to-the-car-tp1752p1761.html
To start a new topic under BlueSaab Forum, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from BlueSaab Forum, click here.
NAML
NC, USA

Re: How to conect it to the car

opioom
Did you press cd1 on cd changer to activate BlueSaab? When connected for the first time sometimes CD1 button has to be pressed for about 2-3 seconds to be visible for the phone bt.

Re: How to conect it to the car

Edma
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to conect it to the car

Seth
Administrator
Nope. Plug n play
NC, USA

Re: How to conect it to the car

Edma
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to conect it to the car

Seth
Administrator
Not unless it was shorted out completely, and even then I’m not sure that would cause the module to not work.
NC, USA

Re: How to conect it to the car

JHRoadrunner
I had a similar problem before...
I think flashing relies on the internal oscillator of the stm32. So if you have flashed it succesfully and power seems not to be the issue, you may have problem with your external oscillator.
Make sure that it has propper connection and that there is no solder connecting the top of the housing to one of the pins. That fixed it in my case.
2001 9-5 Aero | 2001 9-3 Aero Convertible | 2004 9-5 Aero (with kenwood)