Connection port to CD changer

zurano
Hi I'm new here and I'm interested in building one bluesaab for my '98 Saab 9-5. I was looking at the Mouser BOM and I can not find the reference of the conection port of the CD changer in the list. I saw that you are using it in the pictures but I do not know how to order.

Thank you!

P.D.: Awesome work folks! I will try to help in future development
Saab 9-5 2.3t SE '98
Spain

Re: Connection port to CD changer

Seth
Administrator
Mouser doesn't sell them; you have to buy it from a place that sells them, such as
Connector People or even AliExpress. Search this part number: 827229-1
NC, USA

Re: Connection port to CD changer

zurano
Thank you very much for your prompt reply!

I will probably order 5 piece kit from aliexpress. If anybody in Spain is interested in some of them do not hesitate to send me a pm
Saab 9-5 2.3t SE '98
Spain

Re: Connection port to CD changer

viv.g
Hey guys,

Do you know if there are any alternative options for this connector?

Lead times to ship it to Australia are insane.

Just finished building my own v4.1 but didn't realise how long it was going to take to source this part...

Cheers,

Viv

Re: Connection port to CD changer

Karlis
Administrator
Well, another less user friendly option is to splice the CD changer wiring harness and solder BlueSaab directly to it (making sure proper connections are made, of course).

Just out of curiosity - where did you order (or tried to) from?
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: Connection port to CD changer

viv.g
Was just checking out options, at the moment I have only been able to find it on AliExpress and connector people. Does anyone else know of any other sites that could potentially stock it?

Was considering splicing, although it would be nice to be able to remove the system easily...

You could put a post under "Classifieds" section. I bet someone has a spare connector that he/she would be wiling to send to you. I'm myself am out at the moment unfortunately. But this way it would be faster.

viv.g
Good idea :) Just put up a post in there.

Re: Connection port to CD changer

zurano
I have some espares from the Aliexpress seller, but I think that it will take longer to send them from Spain
Saab 9-5 2.3t SE '98
Spain

Re: Connection port to CD changer

Seth
Administrator
Before I discovered the proper connector, I was using a 9-pin connector I found at Radio Shack. It doesn't really matter the connector type; if you can find a connector and it's mate that has 8 or more pins, you can splice that in instead of using the stock connector. It's not the preferred method of course, but if you've built your own module, i'm sure you're ok with using a custom connector :)
NC, USA