2006 9-5 with Denso - which Bluesaab to get?

2006 9-5 with Denso - which Bluesaab to get?

Weby
Hi everyone! Brand new to Bluesaab and really eager to help the community!

I saw in a post that the latest bluesaab doesn't work properly with Denso equiped vehicles. Is that correc

In that case, what version of the PCB, parts and firmware should I get ?

Also what would be the cause of the latest version's problems?

Thank you :)
European Saab 95 - 2006 - Prestige with Denso headunit.

Re: 2006 9-5 with Denso - which Bluesaab to get?

Karlis
Administrator
Welcome to the "club". :)

Not saying that BlueSaab v6.1 would not work with Denso navigation, it's just we haven't been able to test it on this kind of system yet. None of initial testers have Denso, so better safe than sorry.

Having said this, functionality wise, v6.1 is the same as v5.x and earlier version of the module. It's just the hardware implementation that has changed a bit, so it *should* work.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: 2006 9-5 with Denso - which Bluesaab to get?

Weby
Oh, sorry, I wasn't talking about v6 here !

I'm not sure where I read that, and can't find the thread for the life of me, but the latest v5 apparently doesn't work properly because of SID messages, if I remember correctly, and someone suggested I get the 5.1 instead.

Any information on that?

On a side note, I'd be quite happy to beta test the v6 with my 2006 denso, if I can figure out where to download the BOM and firmware :)

Well, SID text control and text displayed on navigation system are two different things. We are sure of only the SID text control part. Both v5 and v6 firmware versions support (to an extent) writing text to SID. Writing text to Denso navigation screen is a total unknown as we don't know how that's being handled and if there's anything at all that can be done "externally" (meaning will the screen show anything coming in from an external node, i.e. CD changer).
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: 2006 9-5 with Denso - which Bluesaab to get?

Weby
Well, I don't know then.

So should I get PCB/hardware v. 5.5 and firmware 5.1 beta ?

Any way I could help with v6 ?

Also if you're interested, I own a private cloud with no data or bandwidth caps, could be good for archiving the project and have backups of everything. Just let me know if you want to !
European Saab 95 - 2006 - Prestige with Denso headunit.

Re: 2006 9-5 with Denso - which Bluesaab to get?

Karlis
Administrator
At the end of the day v5.5 and v6.1 are doing the same thing. There's nothing on v5.5 that would make it work better with Denso and likewise on v6.1. I'd say go with v6.1. We are marking older versions than v6.1 as "legacy" and are not actively developing those anymore.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)