new at programing

Re: new at programing

Seth
Administrator
That was prob the wrong cable for your car; but having said that, good luck finding the RIGHT harness now; you can’t. But the long harness can be made to work as you found out. It’s the next best thing rather than cut off the connectors and hardwire it or something.

I only have a few harnesses left and then I don’t know if they can be found anymore.

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021 at 15:11 QuickLime [via BlueSaab Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Just got everything connected and it works! Thanks so much!!!

I'd also recommend pinning that tutorial you just wrote up, its possible you already posted it elsewhere but I wasn't able to find instructions that good anywhere and so I kind of gave up for a while. So glad Edma asked about it and I saw this post!

Also just a weird experience I had during the installation (03 9-5 Linear, with AS2 audio). I purchased the CD changer wiring harness kit from Seth on eBay, but when I went to connect it I noticed that the connectors in my trunk didn't match up 100%. The 6 pin connector was the same, but the pinout didn't match. I used some pin removal tools and repinned that so the wires matched up properly. Then for the 2-pin connector, the connector types were different from the car side to the harness side.

Now that everything's wired up properly though it works great on initial testing. I can't imagine how much time you guys spent on this and really appreciate it!

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/new-at-programing-tp1718p1744.html
To start a new topic under Firmware, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Firmware, click here.
NAML
NC, USA

Re: new at programing

QuickLime
Yeah, it wasn't too bad. I have the little pin removal tools since I used them for something else, so I was able to repin the 6 pin connector so everything lines up now.

Additionally, I noticed that with the SID control firmware, the night panel feature doesn't work right. Not too big of a deal, I assume it's because the SID is constantly being pushed updates and so that stops the night mode from being enabled? Sort of like warning messages triggering the night mode off. Just thought I'd point it out, but regardless you guys have done a tremendous job with this, thanks again!

Re: new at programing

Karlis
Administrator
Yeah, the SID and Night Panel functionality (or lack there of) is a known caveat. TL;DR - BlueSaab uses SPA module to send "please display my text" to SID. So does the built in head unit. And head unit has a higher priority than SPA when it comes to SID access. To prevent that we send SPA messages with engineering test priority, which tells everyone else "Shut up! I need to talk to SID!". That way it works, but unfortunately that shuts up Night Panel, errors, warnings etc. Hence the note in firmware release page. Once you turn off BlueSaab (switch away from CD Changer mode on your head unit) all of these functions resume working as normal.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: new at programing

QuickLime
Yeah, I noticed turning the IHU off allows normal functionality, so I assumed it was something like you've described. No worries though, figured I'd just check that was normal. Thanks again!
12