Some advice for beginner please

Re: Some advice for beginner please

Karlis
Administrator
A little correction. The instructions homerisback posted are relevant to v5.x of BlueSaab. With v6.x I got lots of user requests so I put them in the code a bit differently (yes, yes, I know, I should've updated the instructions; I really suck at documentation )

Since volume gain of RN52 Bluetooth module gets configured automatically, there's no dedicated volume control via IHU buttons in v6.x firmware anymore. Here's what buttons do in v6.x:

Steering wheel:
 - NXT: Play/Pause
 - SEEK+: Next track
 - SEEK-: Previous track

IHU:
 - IHU1: Make BlueSaab discoverable
 - IHU3: Reconnect BlueSaab to last known device
 - IHU6: Disconnect BlueSaab from current active device

I believe I disabled SEEK button functionality on IHU as it works differently on 9-3's and 9-5's and just causes more confusion.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: Some advice for beginner please

not_me_really
Hi Karlis,

Thanks for clarifying the button controls.

Is there a central source of info like this?  A user manual of sorts?

Frank.

Re: Some advice for beginner please

not_me_really
Well folks, I think I`m getting better at this soldering business!

My first module seems to be dead.  I don't know what I`ve done to it but I can't even flash to it anymore.  I think I`ll need to write it off as experience!

My second module (the one you were all helping me with) is working fine.

I`ve just completed my third module and it worked first time!!!

I was just wondering though, if the flashing is done via the FTDI pins, what's the USB connector for?

My USB header pins don't go all the way through my PCB's (maybe I ordered PCB's too thick) so I never bothered to solder the sockets in.

Frank.

USB header was for future feature development that would allow STM32 to accept firmware via USB cable. For that we (still) need to configure a dedicated USB peripheral on STM32 and write a driver.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: Some advice for beginner please

Karlis
not_me_really wrote
Hi Karlis,

Thanks for clarifying the button controls.

Is there a central source of info like this?  A user manual of sorts?

Frank.
There's none. I know a few people were writing manuals, how-to's and making videos, but I'm yet to see one.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)
12