JLCPCB order - Replacement parts

a-maxime
Hi,

I'm looking to do a JLCPCB order and I have to make a 5 PCB order so I will sell the other 4 pieces with no-profit in Europe.

I'm having a hard time finding the piece in D4 : ref SZNUP2105LT3G. I might have found an alternative which is available with SDT23C24L02-AT. Do you think it will work ? I don't really want to pay 5 pieces without knowing if it will work.

Regards,
Maxime

Saab 9-5 Aero 2004
Maptun Stage 1+ (285HP/440Nm)

Re: JLCPCB order - Replacement parts

Seth
Administrator
that component isn't necessarily required; it's just a protection device.

having said that, it looks like that component will drop in place of the old one.

I'd give it a shot, and worst case, you can most likely assemble a BlueSaab module without it and I bet it will work fine.
Seth
NC, USA

Re: JLCPCB order - Replacement parts

a-maxime
This post was updated on .
Hi Seth,

Thanks for the answer, I'll try to do it the best way possible with every single needed component so thanks a lot for your answer.

Assembly will be done by JLCPCB so I won't have possibility to make changes once it's fully assembled. That's why I'm being a bit over-cautious.

By the way, STM32F103RBT7 seems to be hard to find these days while STM32F103RCT7 seems to be found way more easily (and cheaper than STM32F103RBT7). From what I understand from the STM32 naming convention, the B -> C letter change in this place is about RAM size.

B -> 128 KByte
C -> 256 Kbyte

So STM32F103RCT7 could be a drop-in replacement for STM32F103RBT7, maybe the sources will be needed to be generated for that specific target ? (let me know if I'm not clear, English isn't my mother tongue).
Saab 9-5 Aero 2004
Maptun Stage 1+ (285HP/440Nm)

Re: JLCPCB order - Replacement parts

Seth
Administrator
That seems right, but I'm not an expert on those chips.

Let me know how the JLCPCB order/assembly goes, I'm curious how good they are and I've never had them assemble anything for me before, only blank pcbs.
NC, USA

Re: JLCPCB order - Replacement parts

a-maxime
I'll keep everyone updated. First batch is 5 PCB but only 2 pieces assembled.

Cost is about 110$ for both pieces assembled. But it still needs bottom layer components (thru-holes ones) which are pretty cheap but delivery cost to France is killing it. I'm about 50$ delivery included. So that's could be a 170$ for both pieces without CDC provisioning cable.

Maybe with the CDC provisioning cable I might be able to keep it under 100$/unit ^^
Saab 9-5 Aero 2004
Maptun Stage 1+ (285HP/440Nm)