Hi :) Carputer Project (NG9-3 Prototype)

Hi :) Carputer Project (NG9-3 Prototype)

Algernon
Hello all, first time poster here.

I'm starting a carputer project on my 2004 9-3 Convertible, and would like to look into using the module to carry out iBus tasks and potentially incorporating the audio functionality too. I understand BlueSaab is (or was) not intended for my car, however I can derive iBus and Aux Audio connections very close to the intended location of the carputer hardware so I think it's worth a shot.

I don't know if it's already been or is being done, but I'm really interested in trying to map as many NG9-3 bus messages as possible, as I hope to cut down on hacking the car's wiring about through making bus requests. I've read some of the topics here already, which are encouraging - I expect there to be quite a few similarities with other models (or rather, I hope!). Hopefully it might be useful to someone here to publish these.

Looking forward to getting involved! :) If you'd like to know more details about the carputer project, or what I need the bus to do, let me know and I'll write in more detail. Would welcome all opinions and suggestions. Cheers!
2004 9-3 Vector Convertible
ICM2 - Single CD

Re: Hi :) Carputer Project (NG9-3 Prototype)

Karlis
Administrator
Hey, I'd be interested in the details of your project. Especially the way you are tapping into the I-bus of your car. Cheers!
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)