Hardware/firmware compatibility

Yxsa
Hi Folks, I've bought a HW RN52 v3.1 BlueSaab and I'm looking into possibly upgrading the firmware of it. The Arduino IDE reported "BlueSaab, Free SRAM: 682 bytes, Software version: v4.0, Hardware version: Legacy".

So can I upgrade the firmware at all, compatibility-wise, and would there be any benefit to doing this? I'd be looking for a sleep function and a track name scrolling function, if available. I believe this is available on v5.x, but I could not find any information on HW/FW compatibility, other than that v3 and v5 are both ATMEGA-based.