CD Changer connector

Seth
Administrator

1 - NC
2 - Right - speaker
3 - Left - speaker
4 - NC
5 - I-Bus Low (white)
6 - +30 (constant power)
7 - Right + speaker
8 - Left + speaker
9 - NC
10 - NC
11 - I-Bus High (green)
12 - Ground
NC, USA

Re: CD Changer connector

Seth
Forgot to add the part number, 827229-1 from TE Connectivity (AMP).

Can be ordered from The Connector People.

They can also be found on AliExpress sometimes.

(4 Feb 2016)
Just found them on Verical.com for ~$7.50, and as low as $4 shipping, minimum order of 5.
NC, USA

Re: CD Changer connector

Plexx
I just ordered the connector from aliexpress.
minimum was 5 connectors in a lot and they should arrive in 2 weeks.

I live in sweden, so if anyone wants to buy only one connector i have a couple of extra to spare.

just sent me a Email.

EDIT: im all out of extra connectors.

/Björne
SAAB 9-5 Aero, -04

Re: CD Changer connector

Plexx
Link to Aliexpress.
SAAB 9-5 Aero, -04

Re: CD Changer connector

Seth
Administrator
Alex has found that the CD changer connectors he received from AliExpress were a bit larger than the connectors I originally bought from TheConnectorPeople; photos below.

The connectors cover just a small part of C5, so the connector may need to be shaved off. Or you might be able to get by with placing C5 lower, towards the microphone jack.

NC, USA

Re: CD Changer connector

Iprouteth0
827229-2 is the same part but with different metal for the pins and is a bit cheaper

Re: CD Changer connector

Seth
Administrator
TE Connectivity actually makes many versions of this connector but none of the other styles are ever available.

https://octopart.com/search?q=827229
NC, USA

Re: CD Changer connector

Iprouteth0
Unfortunatelyo noticed the same and of course can't do a bulk order which would be required for them to send them I imagine

Re: CD Changer connector

Karlis
Administrator
+ it looks like Connector People have gone haywire with the price on these things. The latest batch I ordered (x10) was $15 a pop (!) :(.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: CD Changer connector

homerisback
I always bought them from Aliexpress and prices have raised as well since my first order :/
Never been able to get them from another source here in France...
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: CD Changer connector

nickg
Hi Guys,

Im busy setting up my first module, and I was checking the connection in my CDC in the back of my 2002 saab 9-5 (AS2).

Now I noticed its connected with a round connector;

I cant quite figure out if its standard and I need to cut it up or something's different than expected.

Do you guys also have this connector or am I missing something.

Thanks

Re: CD Changer connector

homerisback
Hi,
The BlueSAAB isn't to be fitted behind the radio unit. It goes in the trunk where a rectangle connector, as shown above, is.
You should find the connector behind upholstery, but maybe your car needs an additionnal harness that connects into 2 square connectors like you would see here

Hope this helps.
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: CD Changer connector

nickg
Thanks for the info,

Been browsing around, I've got a Saab Kenwood navigation system (w touchscreen). As far as I can see right now, its a different set-up. Theres a cable running from the AM/FM box in the back of the car to a (kenwood) cd-changer that makes use of the round connector posted above.

Im not sure I can use the bluesaab with the navigation system. Anybody done this before?

Cheers, Nick

Re: CD Changer connector

leipis
I first had some trouble finding this connector for a reasonable price from anywhere.I then found from the aliexpress link posted here that the connector can be found from there with a search term "50011-12AW" when "827229-1" didn't show up with anything.

Re: CD Changer connector

homerisback
Hello,
Just gave a try with 827229-1 and it did show up...
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: CD Changer connector

leipis
I don't know why but aliexpress didn't offer any results for me when I searched in december with 827229-1. Not online or in mobile app. Now in the other hand several results came up.