Bluesaab V6 - USB device not recognized

Weby
Hi there.

Decided to build a few V6 for myself and a few friends, and I am stumbling on a problem when connecting the micro USB to the computer.

Connecting it on a Windows 10 PC, I get a blue LED on the device and a "USB device not recognized" message in Windows.

In Linux, the device alternates blue/red quickly, and "dmesg" shows that the bluesaab "doesn't accept USB address XXX".

Did I do anything wrong ? I thought the STM32 had a bootloader already accepting the USB connection straight away.

I even tried connecting it on my arduino UNO (ftdi port of the bluesaab connected to pins 1, 2, GND and 5v of it, as well as the RESET of the arduino tied to low). I get a COM port visible but the ST flasher doens't recognize the device.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you again !
European Saab 95 - 2006 - Prestige with Denso headunit.

Re: Bluesaab V6 - USB device not recognized

Karlis
Administrator
By default, STM32F103RB micro-controller does not have USB peripheral enabled. What it has is a factory bootloader that "listens" to UART1. When STM32 is pushed into DFU mode (BOOT0 pin is high during power on), then it will accept whatever is coming in through UART1.

In order for USB to work, the USB peripheral has to be configured on STM32 and some sort of bootloader needs to be custom made in order to make the whole module as a USB device recognizable by PC.

Hope this helps.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: Bluesaab V6 - USB device not recognized

Weby
That's what I thought I read on another topic, yeah.

So, concretely, I just need to force boot0 pin high to have the FTDI connection on?

I will try that now.

Sent: 22 September 2019 19:20
Subject: Re: Bluesaab V6 - USB device not recognized

By default, STM32F103RB micro-controller does not have USB peripheral enabled. What it has is a factory bootloader that "listens" to UART1. When STM32 is pushed into DFU mode (BOOT0 pin is high during power on), then it will accept whatever is coming in through UART1.

In order for USB to work, the USB peripheral has to be configured on STM32 and some sort of bootloader needs to be custom made in order to make the whole module as a USB device recognizable by PC.

Hope this helps.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/Bluesaab-V6-USB-device-not-recognized-tp1512p1513.html
To unsubscribe from Bluesaab V6 - USB device not recognized, click here.
NAML
European Saab 95 - 2006 - Prestige with Denso headunit.

Re: Bluesaab V6 - USB device not recognized

Karlis
Administrator
1. Press and hold BOOT0 button
2. While holding BOOT0 button press RESET button
3. Release RESET button and then BOOT0 button
4. STM32 is now in DFU mode and will listen to UART1
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: Bluesaab V6 - USB device not recognized

Weby
No matter what I try (connecting with USB or FTDI, pressing Boot and/or Reset,...), solid blue led, nothing in the serial monitor, no connection possible to the uC.

I tried changing the resonator as it was the only element I soldered quite poorly, guess I'll have to recheck everything. I just hope I didn't fry anything.
European Saab 95 - 2006 - Prestige with Denso headunit.

Re: Bluesaab V6 - USB device not recognized

Karlis
Administrator
If I recall it correctly, solid RN52 LED means it's being held in a reset state. Double check STM32 and RN52 for solder bridges. Also your idea about double-checking the resonator would also help.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)