BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

saab95
Parts are on the way!
sbt

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

sbt
Seth wrote
As noted for the v5.0 amp PCB, this BoM is currently missing a 2.2kΩ resistor for R14. For example, could use Vishay P/N CRCW08052K20FKEA or KOA Speer P/N RK73H2ATTD2201F.

You might have some 2.2kΩ resistors left over from building the BS module, depending on whether the BoM included surplus resistors.

Cheers,
Sam.
9³ 5D MY02 - Stålgrå, AS3; iOS 16.1; BlueSaab v5.0-p1+Amp v1.1, SAAB-CDC v4.1 with mods

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

saab95
D'oh!

0,3$ parts and 18$ shipping... I need to look into finding a local supplier...

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

Seth
Administrator
don't sweat R13 or R14. they are used to add a DC bias to the signal, but I'm not even sure if that's even necessary at this point. You can try without.
NC, USA

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

saab95
I found a Norwegian supplier which reduces the shipping cost drastically :-)

Now if only the fab could be done so I can have my boards! :-D

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

homerisback
Hi Seth,

I'm about to achieve the soldering of a bunch of 3 BlueSAAB v5.1 + THS4522 v1.1
Can you confirm that the AMP v1.1 shield should work on v5.1 ? I'm a bit confused with the words you left here : "wrongs wirings on v1.1"

Thanks
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

Seth
Administrator
I dunno what "wrongs wirings" means either :-P

But yes you should be fine. I have a 5.1 with a 1.1 amp that Karlis built and it works fine. The "kill switch" doesn't work yet but that's just a matter of software so until that happens a 5.1 is basically a 5.0.

Seth

On Fri, Jan 6, 2017 at 04:38 homerisback [via BlueSaab Forum] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Seth,

I'm about to achieve the soldering of a bunch of 3 BlueSAAB v5.1 + THS4522 v1.1

Can you confirm that the AMP v1.1 shield should work on v5.1 ? I'm a bit confused with the words you left here : "wrongs wirings on v1.1"

Thanks

02' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 (mob30d)

http://bluesaab-forum.2349123.n4.nabble.com/BlueSaab-Legacy-Amp-PCB-tp785p911.html

To start a new topic under Hardware, email [hidden email]

To unsubscribe from Hardware, click here.

NAML

NC, USA

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

homerisback
Ok, thanks ! Keep on rolling...
01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

homerisback
Hello there,
When having the three 5.1 built, I ordered 3 Amp v1.2 to retrofit older versions I own.
I tried the bending and soldering on the PCB but even with the oscillator bent, the MIC blocks the AMP PCB because of its thickness when components are soldered... Then I did a stupid thing : try to bend the pins a little more but it tore the connections where bent pins were soldered on the PCB. Fortunately, I've been able to use the connection holes and save it. Fortunately, the v3.2 works very well and amplified sound's great ! Buy the way I'll use this method to retrofit the other BlueSAABs and have the wires less entrangle. Here are some pictures of it

01' 9.3 SE Conv - AS3 - Nexus 5 Android M 6.0.1 - BlueSaab v4.2 + Amp - Latest CDC repo.

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

saab95
I've not yet completed mine but I'm going to have the same problem I think. Nice save using the fc socket! I'll keep that in mind when it come time for me to complete my upgrade

Re: BlueSaab Legacy Amp PCB?

Seth
Nice mod! I thought I measured for clearance with the components to do the straight pin mod, but maybe not. You could have removed the mic jack; it's not used right now anyway.

Good idea with the socket/ribbon cable!
NC, USA
12