BlueSaab Cutting Out

str3ss
Hello Friends::

Recently my BlueSaab module started cutting intermittently out during playback from an iPhone 6 on OS 10. The device streams normally to other bluetooth devices.

BlueSaab has been working fine until just recently.

I'm running v.3 software on a v3.3a board.

Has anyone else had similar experience?

Marc

Re: BlueSaab Cutting Out

Seth
Administrator
Marc,

Have you tried making sure there isn't any extra interference in the area? ie, bring the phone closer to the module, or make sure the module isn't being blocked by extra stuff in the trunk?

Next would be to try another device with BlueSaab and see if the issue persists to see where the source of the issue lies.
Seth
NC, USA

Re: BlueSaab Cutting Out

str3ss
Hi Seth ::

Thanks. That's next on my list to troubleshoot, to try another device.

Will report back.

Re: BlueSaab Cutting Out

Karlis
Administrator
So let's begin from the ground up:

How are the connectivity issues manifesting themselves? Intermittent connectivity, "stuttering" of the audio stream?

Another thing - do you hear the "beep" coming from the head unit? If so, that would indicate that the module is restarting and that might be related to older software versions, where there was a bug that caused that.

Hope this helps.
2001 9-5 SE V6; 2006 9-5 Wagon; iOS; BlueSaab version = "latest and greatest" :)

Re: BlueSaab Cutting Out

str3ss
The connectivity issues are manifesting themselves a couple of ways.

+ Sometimes the phone does not connect to BlueSaab
+ When connected, the stream stutters

I do hear a beep when starting car/turning on headunit or switching to changer input.

Just tried again, and the phone wouldn't auto-connect. The phone will connect by selecting BlueSaab in the settings control panel.

I did try streaming from 2 other devices I haveā€”one Android, one iPhone5, and I did not experience the stuttering/connectivity problem.